Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ry on Gods and Goddesses

It was September 12, 2010.  Dylan, Rylie and I are sitting around having a slow lunch after school.  We are chatting chatting it’s toward the end of the meal, and Ry says (something like):  “I want ketchup on my head” (being silly)…then she looks at me and says, “I am asking the gods (hesitation) and goddesses… and (in a slightly higher squeal) Mr Nobody!”  Then laughing… “Mr. Nobody please give me ketchup on my head… Mr. Nobody will give me ketchup on my head!”

I am amused, both by “goddesses” (which is because of me) and by the parallel between gods and goddesses and Mr Nobody, who is a creature they learned about from the kids at school, who say he is always the one who breaks things, or doesn’t put things away, or otherwise does things wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment